This past weekend I attended a Buddhist retreat. I thought these words, known as the Five Remembrances were worth sharing.
1. I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape growing old.
2. I am of the nature to have ill health. There is no way to escape ill health.
3. I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape death.
4. All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change.
There is no way to escape being separated from them.
5. My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand.
What actions will you take to challenge the white privilege that damages our society?
Welcome to my Blog. If you have some appropriate thoughts or an article you would like to share, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org